Our guides know Rwanda.
“A guide can make or break your safari.”
Everybody says it. That is why we have taken so many steps to make sure that we attract, select, train, retain and motivate the very best guides in Tanzania. Let’s be honest: Most guides in Tanzania are very good. But we think ours are great and here’s why:
- A few very carefully selected guides. We only have a few guides and we know them all personally. That is why we have to sometimes say we are fully booked….we will not hire beyond those we have selected and trained to represent T2R. Unfortunately, with some other companies, the client has no idea about the qualifications of their guide as they are contracted for only that safari.
- Our guides go through an annual training together to refresh their skills on customer relations, knowledge of the wildlife, culture and what to do in an emergency. This also builds team spirit and empowers each one to excel in their personal area of expertise.
- They receive generous compensation and per diem with opportunities to earn bonuses for client satisfaction.
- T2R promotes staff from within so that by the time that someone is promoted to a guide, they know the high standards of the company, how to work together the “T2R” way and we already know them well which is invaluable when matching guests with guides.
- T2R guides love their jobs. They tell us that they love their jobs and love working for T2R…this is a mutual feeling and only makes for a win/win/win for all! Most of all for our guests!